22 Alba employees receive top honours
, May 9, 2013
Twenty-two Aluminium Bahrain (Alba)’s employees were amongst a select group of 150 workers from different companies in the Kingdom who were honoured for their outstanding performance during a recent ceremony marking the International Labour Day.
Held under the patronage of His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, the honouring ceremony was organised by the Bahrain Free Labour Federation (Al Hurr).
Representing His Majesty the King at the event was the Minister of Labour, Jameel Humaidan, who presented the awards, a statement from the company said.
Alba’s chief executive, Tim Murray; chief operations officer, Isa Al Ansari; and acting finance & supply officer, Ali Al Baqali; were present at the ceremony.
Also present were other senior officials from the company.
"For all of us here at Alba, it always gives us a sense of pride when our employees are recognised for their outstanding performance at the national stage,” Murray said. “It provides clear indication that the company is going on the right track as employees are able to give their best and produce results. On behalf of everyone in the company, I congratulate each and every one of the 22 employees for their award and wish them continued success.”
Alba Labour Union – in co-operation with the Bahrain National Guard and Alba’s executive management – had also organised a Family Day to mark the International Labour Day. The event was organised for employees and their families and included games for children of all ages, wide selection of refreshments, and entertainment activities such as live music, pottery, face painting, henna and pony riding along with a raffle draw with attractive prizes. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses
- UAE Exchange recruits 126 Emiratis
- New-look buses for Bahrain schools
- 30 students on WCMC-Q Dean's Honor List
- Saudi to set up new women's university