University of Dubai holds alumni event
Dubai, May 8, 2013
The University of Dubai (UD) recently organised a networking day for undergraduates and alumni to promote the students’ professional development as part of UD’s Alumni Student Mentoring Program (ASMP).
Evina H, managing director and primary trainer/consultant at mindXCEL, was the guest speaker and discussed with both alumni and students topics such as overcoming lack of commitment, voluntary work, benefits of the program and shared some ideas on how to be a successful mentor.
She presented some exercises and real-life situation and discussed with the students how to deal with the situation with their best skills and knowledge.
Amina El Marzak, director of Student and Alumni Affairs, said: “This event represents an excellent platform for mentors and mentees to meet, share ideas and experiences and most importantly learn from a professional guest speaker, about the best practices for mentoring.”
“I am sure that many of our alumni will benefit from the program which they can use and apply at work. Our undergraduates will be able to enhance their academic and personal experiences.”
Participants to the ASMP program continue to increase year by year. The Internship and Career Development Center (ICDC) collaborated with the UD Alumni Association (UDAA) to initiate the ASMP programme in 2009. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- 80 Qatari youth complete leadership programme
- Qatar launches Josoor Institute
- Gess launches GCC education awards
- Professional social media jobs urged
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Bahrain SMEs sector 'vital to economy'
- Bahrain to host entrepreneurship forum
- HBMeU, Fujairah College sign education pact
- Oil industry struggling to attract women, says survey
- Etihad, HCT sign pact for education centre