Bahrain council appoints new PR director
Manama, May 2, 2013
The Supreme Council for Women has appointed Khalid Mohamed Al-Khayat as director of public relations and media, in line with its mandate to empower the presence of Bahraini women within the society.
Princess Sabeeka bint Ibrahim Al-Khalifa made the appointment on behalf of the council.
Al-Khayat joins the Supreme Council after nearly 26 years of experience. He began his career at the Bahrain Telecommunications Company (Batelco), where he was responsible for media affairs, events and community relations from February 1987 to 2005, a statement from the council said.
He later joined the Bahrain Islamic Bank (BisB) where he became the bank’s senior manager of corporate communications after three years of service.
Al-Khayat continued his career path to join Tharawat Investment House immediately after its founding as an Islamic investment Institution, where he held the position of director of corporate communication for almost five years.
Hala Al-Ansari, secretary general of the Supreme Council for Women, said: “The effective recruitment and training of qualified Bahrainis is important since human capital, both at leadership or executive levels, is indeed the main contributor to achieving aspired success at the council.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair
- Canadian University of Dubai signs deal with CIMA