Ministry to aid firms in Bahrainisation move
Manama, April 25, 2013
Bahrain’s Labour Ministry will hold meetings with private sector firms that do not strictly implement the Bahrainisation quota and suggest new mechanisms for recruitment of more Bahrainis to suitable jobs, said a top official.
This follows the government’s keenness to strike a balance between creating jobs for citizens and granting work permits for companies, assistant under-secretary for labour affairs at the Labour Ministry Dr Mohammed Ali Al Ansari was quoted as saying by the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
“The quota system has raised the percentage of Bahrainis in various jobs during the last few years. However, it needs to be developed further to cater to the needs of the labour market,” he said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent
- Bayt.com launches new people search tool
- EF partners with Saudi education ministry
- 80 Qatari youth complete leadership programme
- Qatar launches Josoor Institute
- Gess launches GCC education awards
- Professional social media jobs urged