HRH the Premier
Bahrain's academics win big pay rises
Manama, April 24, 2013
Bahrain academic staff have been granted substantial pay rises backdated to January 1, in line with an edict issued by HRH Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, readjusting salaries for different academic grades.
The salary bonanza will benefit academic staff at Bahrain University, Bahrain Training Institute, the College of Health Sciences and Bahrain Polytechnic, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Professors and associate professors will be paid, respectively, the equivalent of an Under-Secretary and assistant under-secretary's salaries.
Assistant professors will be paid the equivalent of a directorate director's salary.
The salaries of other university personnel will be adjusted to be on par with their counterparts in different government positions.
Education Minister and Higher Education Council president Dr Majid Al Nuaimi said it would improve the vital sector by attracting the best candidates to teach in government universities. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- SABB launches graduates programme
- DIAC ties up with business contest
- Australian open university in ME tie-up
- California ‘top destination for UAE students’
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent
- Bayt.com launches new people search tool
- EF partners with Saudi education ministry