Tamkeen to manage career programme
Manama, April 16, 2013
A career progression programme, aimed to enhance capabilities of Bahraini employees, will now be managed by Tamkeen, the kingdom’s labour fund, a report said.
The programme, previously run by BDO Bahrain, will be held at the newly opened Career Progression Office in Amwaj Islands where new applications and enrolments will be handled, according to the report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
However, existing beneficiaries will still be handled by BDO Bahrain.
The initiative, launched in 2007, has benefited 12,000 people with more than BD18 million ($47.4 million) spent and seeks to address skill gaps in the market by providing training opportunities to Bahraini employees.
Tamkeen human capital development acting vice-president Amal Al Kooheji said the decision was part of a larger strategy that seeks to improve the company's services. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair
- Canadian University of Dubai signs deal with CIMA
- Kipco honours Kuwaiti students
- Alba launches training programme for women