J4B, Zain to boost Bahrainis' job prospects
Manama, April 15, 2013
Market-leading careers and employment services portal Jobs4Bahrainis.com has inked a deal with leading telecommunications services provider Zain Bahrain to help boost the employment prospects of Bahraini nationals.
Jobs4Bahrainis.com, the first private sector initiative dedicated exclusively to getting more locals into the workforce, is a joint venture between Gulf Connexions, Bahrain's leading recruitment company and Al Hilal Group, a top publishing organisation in the region.
As per the agreement, Jobs4Bahrainis.com will support the telecoms company’s ‘Future University Network’ (FUN) programme, providing hands-on work experience to selected Bahraini university students.
Jobs4Bahrainis.com, which is powered by the labour fund Tamkeen, will source candidates for Zain’s FUN programme. The career portal will leverage from a comprehensive database of students and job seekers to match available skills with Zain Bahrain’s immediate and long-term talent requirements.
"The FUN, which is also supported by Tamkeen, is considered one of the most innovative career training programmmes of its type for Bahraini university students. Now in its third year, the programme exposes students to the working culture of a fast-paced, rapidly-growing and dynamic telecommunications company," said Dana Bukhammas, Human Recourses Manager, Zain Bahrain.
"Among the experience provided is extensive training in leadership, communication and teamwork, and practical on-the-job training in different departments at Zain for between one and four years," he stated.
Jubran Abdulrahman, the managing director, Jobs4Bahrainis.com, said, “This partnership is yet another example of the implicit trust leading employers in the Kingdom have in Jobs4Bahrainis’ strategic mission, which is simply to get more Bahrainis into employment by aligning available skills with market requirements."
"We and Zain Bahrain are committed to our country’s long-term economic plans, and we at Jobs4Bahrainis look forward to contributing to the long-term success of the FUN programme, which will aim to secure a long and rewarding career path for the students,” stated Abdulrahman.
Fully aligned with the Kingdom’s Economic Vision 2030 as well as Zain Bahrain’s commitment to Bahraini youth, Jobs4Bahrainis.com is designed to promote Bahrainis as the employees of choice by showcasing a community of available talent and skills.
As well as offering a comprehensive CV database and job vacancy upload capability, the portal has searchable databases for employers and job seekers, as well as a business newsfeed providing the latest economic and business updates on Bahrain’s economy.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses
- UAE Exchange recruits 126 Emiratis
- New-look buses for Bahrain schools
- 30 students on WCMC-Q Dean's Honor List
- Saudi to set up new women's university