5 Qataris join WCMC-Q research program
Doha, March 6, 2013
Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar has welcomed five new Qatari interns to its Biomedical Research Training Program for Nationals.
The six-month program is a unique opportunity for Qatari college graduates with an interest in biomedical research to gain hands on experience in world-class research laboratories at WCMC-Q. The aim is to help build the sustainable scientific human capital in the country in line with Qatar National Vision 2030, said a statement.
Dr Khaled Machaca, associate dean for research at WCMC-Q, said the program demonstrates the commitment that the college has to developing human capacity and research opportunities in Qatar.
Dr Machaca said: “The Biomedical Research Training Program for Nationals is now in its third year and we have seen some exceptional young Qatari graduates come through our doors, some of whom are still working with us in the Research Division.
“Part of the mission of Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar is to conduct research at the cutting edge of knowledge and to train the next generation of Qatari researchers.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair
- Canadian University of Dubai signs deal with CIMA
- Kipco honours Kuwaiti students
- Alba launches training programme for women