TNT Express celebrates employee graduation
Manama, February 3, 2013
TNT Express in Bahrain recently celebrated the graduation of 39 employees, who successfully completed a four-month programme sponsored by Tamkeen.
Tamkeen, a national project supported by BDO and delivered by Al Hassad training centre had previously assessed the needs of a wide group of Bahraini nationals and tailored a personal development plan to each.
From September 2012 the group covered a variety of skills intended to improve their future careers, such as customer service skills, business writing and use of IT, a statement from the company said. Working both in their place of work and at training centres the essential learning took place on top of normal working hours.
Mark Woodcock, general manager for TNT Express, said: “We were delighted to have worked with Tamkeen and their partners. They really understood the needs of the people and delivered comprehensive support. I would commend the government on their forward looking position put forward in the Bahrain Economic Vision 2030, which has helped to develop our people for their future.”
“This sort of initiative is completely in line with our objective to support our people with their careers, maintaining such important standards are crucial to the success of our business and that of our clients,” said Bryan Moulds, managing director for TNT Express Middle East.
The graduates were awarded certificates at the Movenpick Hotel in a ceremony attended by senior management from Tamkeen, Al Hassad Training Centre and TNT Express. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- 80 Qatari youth complete leadership programme
- Qatar launches Josoor Institute
- Gess launches GCC education awards
- Professional social media jobs urged
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Bahrain SMEs sector 'vital to economy'
- Bahrain to host entrepreneurship forum
- HBMeU, Fujairah College sign education pact
- Oil industry struggling to attract women, says survey
- Etihad, HCT sign pact for education centre