Du offers 200 jobs for Emiratis at Tawdheef
Dubai, January 29, 2013
Du, a leading telecom operator in the UAE, presented more than 200 training and career development opportunities to UAE national during the first day of Tawdheef 2013, a major recruitment expo in Abu Dhabi.
Tawdheef 2013 opened today at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre and will run up to January 31.
Du, which is supporting the fair as a Gold Sponsor, also announced that it will be recruiting 60 UAE nationals in various positions this year, for entry level jobs upward.
Yaser Obaid, senior vice president, Human Resources, du, said: “Since inauguration our Emiratisation strategy was formed to give UAE nationals a career and not just a job. Within almost six years of business we are proud that we have achieved 31 per cent Emiratisation, with 40 per cent of our executive management positions held by Emiratis as of the end of 2012. We look forward to identifying and welcoming more career-minded and driven individuals into our family.”
“We are working to support the UAE leadership’s vision of Emiratisation. With this year being dedicated to Emiratisation, we have committed our training programmes to offer UAE nationals, in colleges, in universities and society as a whole, great training and career development opportunities within our organisation,” he added.
Du offers UAE nationals several career development possibilities, as it engages private and government colleges and universities to give Emiratis a strong start to their careers. The annual Summer Training Programme gives students the chance to work for two months in select departments.
Since 2008, 100 summer trainees graduated from the programme, with another 20 UAE nationals set to join it this summer.
Additionally, 420 UAE nationals have graduated from du’s Work Skills Programme since its launch in 2011, and 150 additional Emiratis will join the next programme, when it launches in March. On top of this, du’s work experience and internship programme has been completed by 120 UAE nationals; 20 more with participate in the schemes in 2013.
Du is planning 20 Guest Speaker Sessions in 2013 to give students the chance to benefit from the telecom’s varied expertise under the lead of the UAE National Development team, which works with colleges and universities to offer students the chance to develop their technical and personal skills. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses
- UAE Exchange recruits 126 Emiratis
- New-look buses for Bahrain schools