New $11.9m campus for Bahrain school
Manama, January 17, 2013
Students at the New Millennium School (NMS) in Bahrain will move to a new BD4.5 million ($11.97 million) campus in Zinj within three months.
The five-block facility, featuring state-of-the-art infrastructure, will provide 80 high-tech classrooms catering to 1,600 students from kindergarten to grade 12, our sister newspaper, the Gulf Daily News reported.
Work on the project started at the 15,659 sq m site of the campus last April.
"The new school will provide ample space for students to not only pursue academic excellence but also explore their co-scholastic potential," principal Arun Kumar Sharma told our sister publication Gulf Construction magazine.
The new school includes a three-storey main structure comprising classrooms, libraries and laboratories, a 14-metre-high multi-purpose hall, a two-storey block featuring swimming pools and a health and recreation facility, and a two-level car park with 158 parking slots.
"The classrooms will be furnished with smart boards aiding interactive learning and communication," said Sharma, adding the expanded campus can accommodate 400 more students.
"All the key areas including classrooms will be equipped with CCTV cameras to ensure the safety and security of our children," he said.
The indoor swimming pool block features separate sections for junior and senior students.
The block also includes a gymnasium, a table tennis court and dance and music suites.
"This section will also be used for mind development programmes like yoga and meditation," said Sharma.
A highlight of the new campus will be the multi-purpose hall that will support sports activities and school events.
"To maximise safety, the hall will be fitted out with rubberised synthetic flooring and the roof will be free of any lighting fixtures," said Sharma.
The hall, which will also serve as an auditorium, features badminton, volleyball and basketball courts and is fitted out with automated stage technology.
"Our new campus will launch a one-of-its-kind engineering graphics lab for potential architecture students, in addition to a math and a language lab," added Sharma.
The school, which presently functions from two campuses in Zinj and Janusan, will also feature a football ground and running track. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses
- UAE Exchange recruits 126 Emiratis
- New-look buses for Bahrain schools
- 30 students on WCMC-Q Dean's Honor List
- Saudi to set up new women's university