First ASTD Mena summit set in Jeddah
Jeddah, January 3, 2013
The American Society for Training & Development (ASTD), a global leading professional association dedicated to workplace learning, will be holding the first ever Mena training and development event in Jeddah this month.
The ASTD Mena 2013, under the theme “Enabling Excellence in Human Capital Development”, will take place from January 13 to 15 at Hilton Hotel.
The event is designed for all professionals, trainers, and decision makers in the fields of human resources development, organizational development, learning & development, talent management, career development, performance improvement/coaching, and training technology, said Dr Ramzi E Salha, business development & marketing director of Al Harithy Group of Companies.
As learning is a key driver for any size organisation, the upcoming ASTD Mena 2013 focuses on issues and solutions related to workplace learning and development professionals who have the responsibility to manage all aspects of learning in their organizations, he noted.
The event covers a vast spectrum ranging from CEOs and specialists to school heads and students. ASTD Mena 2013 is an international conference & exposition bringing Fortune 500 companies operating in the region together to share their experiences and insights in learning and development that will assist businesses of all sizes to further grow.
There will be over 12 sessions in the three-day conference, plus the post-conference comprehensive programs slated on January 16-17.
Twelve eminent speakers will shed light on training strategies that can be applied to accelerate innovative thinking at the event.
The post-conference programs two-day extensive ASTD certificate programs are split into two courses: the first on “Measuring and Evaluating Learning” which provides a foundation in all aspects of the measurement and evaluation of learning and performance solutions, and the other is on “Train-the-Trainer Boot-Camp Workshop” which offers special learning skills. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses
- UAE Exchange recruits 126 Emiratis
- New-look buses for Bahrain schools
- 30 students on WCMC-Q Dean's Honor List
- Saudi to set up new women's university