Bahrain to launch Oasis of Science and Technology
Manama, December 16, 2012
Bahrain's His Majesty King Hamad will today launch the King Hamad Oasis for Science and Technology and the University Studies Support project.
Education Minister Dr Majid Al Nuaimi yesterday told a press conference that the centre will be established at the Bahrain University headquarters at Sakhir campus.
It will comprise a College of Science and Technology, research centres and investment areas that provide funds for scientific research. Work on the first phase of the BD10 million ($26.7 million) project, covering an area of 20,000 sq m, will start by the end of next year, Dr Al Nuaimi said.
He said University Studies Support is a scientific and educational scheme aiming to provide support for needy students, including those with special needs, to enable them to pursue their university education.
His Majesty will today deliver a keynote speech marking National Day and Accession Day. He will patronise a ceremony celebrating both national occasions and honour citizens in recognition of their dedication in serving the country and people. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Monster Gulf to hold online career fair
- Bayt.com plans two virtual job fairs
- Sheikh Mohammed opens new college
- Bahrain plans to boost employment for women
- Arab education summit concludes in Amman
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology
- Tamkeen to support 22 firms at expo
- Corporate culture 'plays vital role'
- Bahrain to build new hangar for aviation students