Batelco launches new mentoring programme
Manama, December 9, 2012
Batelco, Bahrain’s leading telecom company has launched a new mentoring programme, as part of its training and development schemes.
The programme will pair graduate trainees with members of Batelco’s management teams or general staff members who have specialized skills in key areas. The mentors, who are volunteering their time to support the trainees, have all participated in training sessions and workshops to learn the skills needed to be effective mentors.
A workshop has also taken place for the selected trainees who have been chosen as mentees. The mentees have been selected due to their strong work ethic and enthusiastic approach in the workplace.
Batelco general manager HR Bahrain Suhaila Alnowakhda said that the innovative programme is part of a comprehensive skills development programme which aims to enhance the wide range of training and development opportunities available within the company.
Batelco manager HR Training & Development Shaikh Bader Al Khalifa, who is leading the new initiative, said that the programme promised to be a great development vehicle for Batelco’s young talents.
“We are very keen to ensure the success of this programme and develop it into a leading initiative that others will aspire to follow,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses
- UAE Exchange recruits 126 Emiratis
- New-look buses for Bahrain schools