Tamkeen readies $526m for SMEs projects
Manama, November 17, 2012
Bahrain's labour fund Tamkeen has allocated BD199.5 million ($526 million) as part of its operational plan for this year to fund small and medium enterprises (SMEs), up from BD166.5 million ($438 million) last year, said a report.
Tamkeen has issued over 100 professional certifications and launched 24 individual projects in addition to 47 medium and small schemes, said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The fund has also helped over 1,000 enterprises to take part in local and international exhibitions. A BD10 million Enterprise Support Fund targeting more than 2,000 distressed enterprises has also been set up, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Qatar to set up $99bn health, education fund
- Tamkeen hosts major graduation ceremony
- CTB/McGraw-Hill opens office in Qatar
- Monster Gulf to hold online career fair
- Bayt.com plans two virtual job fairs
- Sheikh Mohammed opens new college
- Bahrain plans to boost employment for women
- Arab education summit concludes in Amman
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology