Viva launches major career programme
Manama, November 7, 2012
Viva Bahrain, a leading telecom operator, announced the launch of its ‘Graduate Development Programme’ aimed at nurturing top Bahraini talent for the company during its participation at the ongoing Bahrain Career Expo.
This strategic initiative from Viva, which targets young graduates, aims to offer unique career opportunities, together with a high end on-the-job learning exposure and a well-thought development and growth plan for every talented individual.
Under this Professional Development Initiative, the ‘Graduate Development Programme’ will be executed over a 12-month span for young Bahraini graduate job seekers.
The programme includes professional and technical training through a range of learning resources, advanced IT tools combined with work-related projects and assignments.
The trainees will benefit from a highly informative induction session where they will gain insights into the telecom business, a unique ‘Walk the Talk’ experience with business leaders of the company and guidance of dedicated mentors that will offer continuous learning support during the entire program.
On completion of the one year-long program, trainees with exceptional on-the-job performance and skills will qualify for an internal career opportunity within Viva and will be offered placements through the normal selection process.
Ulaiyan Al Wetaid, Viva CEO said: “We are a young, highly successful, team-oriented and motivated company that constantly strives to introduce new and innovative products and services. As one of the fastest growing telecom companies in Bahrain, we are always on the lookout of young professional talent who can support Viva with great passion and strong desire to be creative and innovative in their thinking and approach.”
“Our aim is to accelerate each individual’s professional development while supporting our business growth by creating a pool of high performance talent. Through this and future such initiatives, we endeavor to assist in developing the Bahraini workforce of the future,” he added.
Career Expo 2012 is being held from November 6 to 8 at Bahrain International Exhibition & Convention Centre. Viva is a platinum sponsor of the event. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam