Arab Spring conference set for March 2013
London, October 2, 2012
The third biennial international conference entitled, ‘The Arab Spring and the Gulf: Politics, Economics and Security’, will be held on March 25 and 26, 2013.
It is being held by The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) Kuwait Programme on Development, Governance and Globalisation in the Gulf States in association with the Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences (KFAS).
The conference will critically reflect on the processes of change sweeping across the Middle East and North Africa and their longer-term impact upon political, economic and security structures in the Gulf States.
In addition, it will undertake a multi-disciplinary examination of the causes, dynamics, and geopolitical consequences of the uprisings on the local, regional and international levels.
The conference will bring together a distinguished collection of senior public figures, academics and postgraduate students to discuss these issues in an interdisciplinary forum. It will be held at the London School of Economics and Political Science. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair
- Canadian University of Dubai signs deal with CIMA