HBMeU student wins top prize
Dubai, September 30, 2012
The UAE’s National Research Foundation (NRF) has awarded Asma Balfaqeeh, a student of Hamdan Bin Mohammed e-University (HBMeU) School of e-Education, the “Young Emirati Researchers Prize” for 2011.
Recognized as one of the best learners of HBMeU, Balfaqeeh won the award for her research work on “Teachers' Perceptions of Technology Integration”, which was supervised by Dr Rana Tamim, associate at the School of E-education.
The success of Balfaqeeh has reaffirmed HBMeU’s commitment to nurture learners who are equipped with knowledge and expertise to contribute to the growth and development of the society, particularly through excellence in research projects, said a statement.
Balfaqeeh was among 16 Emirati winners in six research funding awards handed out by the National Research Foundation. The awards categories were Emirati Faculty Research Mobility Award, Young Emirati Postgraduate Research Students Mobility Award, Young Emirati Innovators Prize, Young Emirati Researchers Prize, University-Industry Research Collaboration Award and The Patent Filing Award. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Deloitte in Islamic finance deal
- NBAD partners with top business school
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis