HBMeU student wins top prize
Dubai, September 30, 2012
The UAE’s National Research Foundation (NRF) has awarded Asma Balfaqeeh, a student of Hamdan Bin Mohammed e-University (HBMeU) School of e-Education, the “Young Emirati Researchers Prize” for 2011.
Recognized as one of the best learners of HBMeU, Balfaqeeh won the award for her research work on “Teachers' Perceptions of Technology Integration”, which was supervised by Dr Rana Tamim, associate at the School of E-education.
The success of Balfaqeeh has reaffirmed HBMeU’s commitment to nurture learners who are equipped with knowledge and expertise to contribute to the growth and development of the society, particularly through excellence in research projects, said a statement.
Balfaqeeh was among 16 Emirati winners in six research funding awards handed out by the National Research Foundation. The awards categories were Emirati Faculty Research Mobility Award, Young Emirati Postgraduate Research Students Mobility Award, Young Emirati Innovators Prize, Young Emirati Researchers Prize, University-Industry Research Collaboration Award and The Patent Filing Award. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Qatar to set up $99bn health, education fund
- Tamkeen hosts major graduation ceremony
- CTB/McGraw-Hill opens office in Qatar
- Monster Gulf to hold online career fair
- Bayt.com plans two virtual job fairs
- Sheikh Mohammed opens new college
- Bahrain plans to boost employment for women
- Arab education summit concludes in Amman
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology