Etihad enlists 25 Omani contact centre agents
Abu Dhabi, June 27, 2012
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has welcomed 25 Omani contact centre agents to its Abu Dhabi contact centre as part of a recruitment drive recently launched in Oman.
The new agents are completing a nine-week training programme that introduces them to all aspects of selling and servicing flight reservations for customers, including Etihad Guest loyalty programme members.
Ray Gammell, Etihad Airways’ chief people and performance officer, said: “Contact centre agents need exceptional customer service skills in order to succeed and we are pleased to welcome our new agents and are confident that they will be successful in their roles.”
Ali Al Balushi, one of the new agents, said: “I am excited to join an airline that has achieved so much in just a few years. Etihad Airways is renowned for its services and for the value and importance it places on its staff and customers. I am pleased to join the team and look forward to advancing my career and becoming part of this success story.”
Etihad Airways currently has four contact centres located in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Mumbai and Manchester, which employ more than 500 agents supporting customers in more than 20 countries in ten languages.
Etihad Airways’ recruitment drive in Oman aims to hire 400 Omani nationals by the end of 2012 in positions that span the spectrum of the airline's operations, according to a statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- CTB/McGraw-Hill opens office in Qatar
- Monster Gulf to hold online career fair
- Bayt.com plans two virtual job fairs
- Sheikh Mohammed opens new college
- Bahrain plans to boost employment for women
- Arab education summit concludes in Amman
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology
- Tamkeen to support 22 firms at expo
- Corporate culture 'plays vital role'