Etihad Rail targets 40pc Emirati workforce
Al Ain, May 2, 2012
Etihad Rail, a 1,200km-network across the UAE, took part in a major career fair in Al Ain, aiming to increase the number of UAE National employees to comprise 40 per cent of its workforce by the end of 2012.
Etihad Rail offered vacancies across different departments for the best suited Emiratis at the Al Ain Education & Career Fair, which opened on Monday this week and concluded yesterday (May 2) at the Al Khabisi Wedding Celebration Hall.
“We currently have 110 employees and are expecting to reach up to 130 by the end of this year,” said Mohamed Al Marzouqi, executive director of Business Support at Etihad Rail, a Gold Sponsor at Al Ain Education & Career fair, and which presently has 33 per cent of UAE Nationals among its workforce.
“For 2012, we have a number of vacant positions in various technical fields, and we will consider job applicants for specific job posts based on their respective education qualifications, job skills, years of experience, as well as having the types of behaviours and competencies matching the fast-paced work and professional working environment at Etihad Rail.”
“With Stage One of the Dh40 billion ($10.9 billion) project from Ruwais, Habshan, and Shah already underway, now and in coming years, permanent jobs will be created to develop and operate the UAE’s national railway.”
“Etihad Rail will be built in phases to link the principal centres of population and industry of the UAE, and will form a vital part of the planned GCC railway network linking the six countries of the GCC,” added Marzouqi.
“The Al Ain Education & Career Fair allows us to meet the public and explain the railway project, its aims, timelines and potential benefits to local businesses and the community at large.”
Supported by the Emirates National Development Programme, and strategically located in Al Ain due to its large population of Emirati school leavers and university graduates, Al Ain Education & Career Fair focuses on career, training and education opportunities in the UAE for young Emiratis contemplating their future educational aspirations and career direction.
Providing a dual platform for education providers and employers in the UAE, the exhibition is Al Ain’s annual showcase event for universities and training institutes seeking students, and for leading employers searching for talented UAE Nationals.
The Al Ain Education & Career Fair returns from April 22-24, 2013 at the Al Khabisi Wedding Celebration Hall. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses
- UAE Exchange recruits 126 Emiratis
- New-look buses for Bahrain schools