Demand grows for Project Management MBA
Dubai, March 18, 2012
The part time Project Management MBA offered by Manchester Business School (MBS) is proving popular with student numbers growing strongly, a statement said.
MBS is a highly ranked global business school with a Middle East Centre in Dubai Knowledge Village.
The Project Management MBA accounted for around 10 per cent of all new MBA students in the Middle East over the school’s two latest intakes (July 2011 and January 2012), said a statement.
Dubai is the focal point of the programme, as it is the global venue for workshops on Project Management Electives offered on the programme worldwide.
The three-year part time Global MBA- Project Management pathway, developed by project management experts, gives ambitious project managers and professionals the high-level business skills and international perspective to move into senior management. In the Middle East, MBS already supports more than 1,200 part time MBA students, comprising more than 82 nationalities.
The Project Management MBA was introduced to create a greater focus for the professionals from the construction industry, and in response to the demands from students in the Middle East.
The Project Management MBA core courses are delivered at MBS in Manchester and its international centres around the world - Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Miami and Sao Paulo - all the elective courses are delivered in Dubai, with face to face workshops with MBS faculty.
Specially designed electives include Strategic Management of Projects, Commercial and Contract Management and Project Planning and Control. Students benefit from a full live company project and also a group business simulation that mirrors real life situations faced by companies, said the statement.
Randa Bessiso, director Middle East, Manchester Business School, said: “The part-time Project Management MBA equips project managers ready to take the leap from leading a project stream or team to successfully leading complex projects. The learning benefits can be applied to the student’s workplace immediately – whether it is applying critical judgement or leadership skills – which is one of the great advantages of part time study."
The MBS Project Management MBA is one of four learning pathways offered by Manchester Business School through its part time Global MBA programme designed for experienced working professionals; the others are Global MBA (General), Global MBA (Engineering), Global MBA (Finance). All graduating part time Global MBA students are awarded the same MBA degree as the full time students on campus, by the University of Manchester. - TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs