AUD wins top financial research contest
Dubai, February 13, 2012
The American University of Dubai (AUD) has won the 2012 CFA Institute Research Challenge beating three other UAE universities in a close final hosted by CFA Emirates, the association for finance professionals.
This is the second year in a row that AUD has won the title. Each of the teams drafted and presented written reports on equity research findings on Drake & Scull, the subject company for this year’s competition.
The winning team will now advance to EMEA regional finals which will be held in London on March 14 and 15.
The annual CFA Institute Research Challenge is sponsored by the CFA Institute in cooperation with local CFA Societies and more than 500 colleges and universities around the world.
This competition is open to all business and finances schools in UAE. The CFA Emirates Society hosted its 2012 competition in partnership with four UAE based universities, each of which provided a team of three to five students under the guidance of a faculty advisor.
This included: the American University of Dubai, Middlesex University Dubai, Zayed University and Institute of Management Technology Dubai.
“All of us at the CFA Emirates Society congratulate American University of Dubai and everyone who took part in this year’s competition. The CFA Institute Research Challenge is a unique opportunity for students to gain real-life skills as they experience what it’s like in the investment world, presenting research reports and convincing others of the merits of a particular investment,” said Yacoub Nuseibeh, president of CFA Emirates.
“While the team from American University of Dubai will be moving on to the next phase of the competition, every student will have benefited from this exceptional opportunity to put their academic studies into an important practical context.”
“CFA Emirates is committed to helping to develop and maintain the very best international investment standards and professionalism in the UAE, which leads the region as a financial and investment centre. We look forward to more UAE universities participating in the coming years,” he added.
Mohit Malhotra, education chair-Dubai of CFA Emirates said: “The CFA Institute Research Challenge competition offers a rare opportunity for students to have a real world experience in researching a public company.”
“The members of each team had the chance to meet with the senior executives from Drake & Scull to learn more about their business, research and prepare an equity research report, and showcase their knowledge of the company as part of a formal presentation.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses
- UAE Exchange recruits 126 Emiratis
- New-look buses for Bahrain schools
- 30 students on WCMC-Q Dean's Honor List
- Saudi to set up new women's university