GE receives ‘Great place to work’ award
Dubai, February 9, 2012
GE has received an award from ‘Great Place to Work’ in the UAE, for being a top employer for Emiratis and women, following an extensive survey conducted among its employees.
Ranked among the world’s top 25 most inventive companies by ‘Business Week,’ and among the top 50 most innovative companies ranking by ‘Fast Company,’ GE is an equal opportunity company, said a statement.
The new ‘Great Place to Work in the UAE’ ranking underlines the commitment of the company towards localisation and in undertaking extensive training programs for the professional development of its employees, it said.
With an annual investment of $1 billion in employee training and development globally, GE is focused on creating a strong talent pool of professionals. The company offers several training programs for its employees in addition to promoting entrepreneurial culture.
GE routinely takes part in career fairs and also has a clearly structured human resources programme to identify and nurture UAE nationals and female talent, the statement said.
Key courses offered by GE for employees to accomplish their full potential and evolve personally and professionally include financial management, communications leadership development, and experienced commercial leadership, it said.
With its regional headquarters in Dubai, GE has over 2000 employees in the Middle East region, where it has established operations for over 80 years through long-term public and private partnerships across key growth sectors including energy, oil & gas, power, water, healthcare and aviation. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'