Emal to recruit more Emiratis at fair
Abu Dhabi, January 31, 2012
Emirates Aluminium (Emal) is participating at the Tawdheef career fair in Abu Dhabi for the fourth time, in line with its commitment to recruit more Emiratis in 2012.
Saeed Fadhel Al Mazrooei, president and CEO of Emal, said: “Emirati talent is a central feature of how we have come so far, so quickly and a highly qualified and skilled Emirati workforce is essential for our future success.”
Last year the company announced the start of Phase II of the Al Taweelah smelter. The additional $4.5 billion investment will see the workforce rise from 2,000 to 3,000 employees upon completion in 2014.
It currently has 391 Emirati employees, of which 96 are engineers, including 15 female engineers.
Emal already has an active Emiratisation programme with multiple initiatives for Emiratis currently at the company including pre-employment courses (PEC) which provide guaranteed jobs for Emiratis upon successful completion, scholarship support in relevant subjects, and summer training programme for students.
Tawdheef 2012 is being held at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (Adnec) from January 31 to February 2. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology
- Tamkeen to support 22 firms at expo
- Corporate culture 'plays vital role'
- Bahrain to build new hangar for aviation students
- Wataniya sponsors graduation event
- 16 WCMC-Q students complete programme
- AUS, du ink $1.36m scholarship agreement
- Emal to pursue Emiratisation at Fujairah fair
- Job opportunities set to rise 3pc in UAE