Emal to recruit more Emiratis at fair
Abu Dhabi, January 31, 2012
Emirates Aluminium (Emal) is participating at the Tawdheef career fair in Abu Dhabi for the fourth time, in line with its commitment to recruit more Emiratis in 2012.
Saeed Fadhel Al Mazrooei, president and CEO of Emal, said: “Emirati talent is a central feature of how we have come so far, so quickly and a highly qualified and skilled Emirati workforce is essential for our future success.”
Last year the company announced the start of Phase II of the Al Taweelah smelter. The additional $4.5 billion investment will see the workforce rise from 2,000 to 3,000 employees upon completion in 2014.
It currently has 391 Emirati employees, of which 96 are engineers, including 15 female engineers.
Emal already has an active Emiratisation programme with multiple initiatives for Emiratis currently at the company including pre-employment courses (PEC) which provide guaranteed jobs for Emiratis upon successful completion, scholarship support in relevant subjects, and summer training programme for students.
Tawdheef 2012 is being held at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (Adnec) from January 31 to February 2. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Deloitte in Islamic finance deal
- NBAD partners with top business school
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis