Ramsis staff complete QMF’s audit training
Manama, December 12, 2011
Ten employees of Bahrain-based Ramsis Engineering won certificates from QMF Global, a leading provider of quality assurance services, for completing the latter’s HSE (health, safety & environment) internal auditor training.
The training course covered two international quality standards – ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007.
The 14001 is an Environmental Management System (EMS) whereas the 18001 is for Health and Safety. The newly qualified internal-auditors will now be able to effectively conduct internal audits for HSE within their relevant departments at Ramsis Engineering.
Faisal Riaz, director at QMF Global Certification UK, said: “This is a wonderful achievement for the employees of Ramsis Engineering and for the company as a whole. QMF Global Certification UK is delighted to have had the opportunity to support the development of Ramsis Engineering’s employees in line with the company’s strategic Environmental and Health and Safety goals.”
“QMF Global UK accredited internal auditor courses have seen a surge in demand over the last few months particularly within the GCC as more and more companies focus on demonstrating their commitment to quality.”
Michael Cucuz, HSE manager at Ramsis Engineering, said: “Ramsis Engineering has been committed to employee health and safety since its inception, but we are always looking for ways to improve. Implementing an ISO and OHSAS compliant HSE management system was the next logical step in upgrading the services we provide to our employees and clients.”
“The internal auditor certification for our employees is the initial step towards achieving full certification towards ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 by the end of this year which will compliment Ramsis Engineering’s existing ISO 9001 Quality Management System.”
“We are grateful for the consultancy and support provided by QMF Global to help develop the organisations awareness of HSE responsibility towards all of our stakeholders. Well done to all our employees who have achieved their HSE internal auditor certification,” he added.
QMF Global is also a Tamkeen approved quality assurance services provider and therefore is able to provide further benefit to its clients as Tamkeen will pay 80 per cent of the consultancy fees and 100 per cent of the UK certification costs.
QMF Global Consultants is an international consultancy with its headquarters in Bahrain. QMF Global Certification UK is an independent certification body based in the UK.
Both were setup in 2009 to help SMEs worldwide attain internationally recognised quality standards such as ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004, OHSAS 18001:2007 as well as many others. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam