UOB students visit Alba
Manama, December 6, 2011
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) shared its expertise in the production of high-grade aluminium with an eight-member student delegation from the University Of Bahrain (UOB)’s College of Engineering who visited the Alba plant.
The student delegation from the Instrumentation and Control department were accompanied by the associate professor at the Department of Chemical Engineering, Dr Nour Eddine Mansour.
During their visit, they were given an insight on the calibration of industrial instrumentation as well as on some of the best practices deployed across Alba that have strengthened the company’s reputation as one of the world’s leading aluminium smelters.
“It was a privilege to welcome the students of University of Bahrain to the Alba plant, and share with them our expertise in the production of high-grade aluminium,” said Alba’s chief executive Laurent Schmitt.
“The students were able to learn of Alba’s growth in the past forty-years and its experience in emerging as one of the world’s leading aluminium smelters.”
The UOB delegation was later given a tour around the different facilities in the plant, and in particular, a visit to the Workshops & Maintenance Services. They were also briefed on the company's commitment to safety, adherence to quality as well as its many achievements in protecting the environment. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Gulf Air union fears 'management ploy'
- Bahrain university campus project on track
- Tamkeen to host “A9eel in School”
- Women in Bahrain private sector jobs up 73pc
- Bahrain students develop water producing car
- AUD extends scholarship deadline
- HBMeU signs deal with Spanish university
- Bahrain 'to become GCC's knowledge hub'
- Jail for employers hiring runaways in Bahrain
- Illegal teachers in Bahrain face deportation