RCSI Bahrain holds orientation week
Manama, October 4, 2011
The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland-Medical University of Bahrain (RCSI Bahrain) held an orientation week at its campus in Busaiteen.
It aimed to introduce hundreds of students who attended the event to the campus and the academic programme and each other.
Around 260 new undergraduate students in medicine and nursing were given an insight into different aspects of student life with the support of staff and senior students.
A record number of 130 nursing students, including 22 men, have enrolled.
The majority are sponsored by Tamkeen and have already had two pre-sessional weeks to provide them with study skills and English language tuition.
Other sponsoring bodies include the Prime Minister's Court, Royal Court, Crown Prince's Court, BDF, Education Ministry and King Hamad University Hospital. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Etihad, HCT sign pact for education centre
- Workplace diversity focus of forum
- Deloitte in Islamic finance deal
- NBAD partners with top business school
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF