RCSI Bahrain holds orientation week
Manama, October 4, 2011
The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland-Medical University of Bahrain (RCSI Bahrain) held an orientation week at its campus in Busaiteen.
It aimed to introduce hundreds of students who attended the event to the campus and the academic programme and each other.
Around 260 new undergraduate students in medicine and nursing were given an insight into different aspects of student life with the support of staff and senior students.
A record number of 130 nursing students, including 22 men, have enrolled.
The majority are sponsored by Tamkeen and have already had two pre-sessional weeks to provide them with study skills and English language tuition.
Other sponsoring bodies include the Prime Minister's Court, Royal Court, Crown Prince's Court, BDF, Education Ministry and King Hamad University Hospital. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Bayt.com plans two virtual job fairs
- Sheikh Mohammed opens new college
- Bahrain plans to boost employment for women
- Arab education summit concludes in Amman
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology
- Tamkeen to support 22 firms at expo
- Corporate culture 'plays vital role'
- Bahrain to build new hangar for aviation students
- Wataniya sponsors graduation event