RAK FTZ teams up with BIT to run college
Ras Al Khaimah, September 15, 2011
Ras Al Khaimah Free Trade Zone (RAK FTZ) has signed an agreement with Birla Institute of Technology (BIT) to take over operations from the Royal College of Applied Science & Technology (RCAST).
It has resumed admissions for the new school year, a statement said.
“We welcome this new opportunity to offer quality education to students based in Ras Al Khaimah,” said Oussama El Omari, chief executive officer of RAK FTZ.
“With BIT as the new operator, ensuring the academic direction and quality of the institution, we are confident that this new era in the college’s history is going to usher in an unprecedented success in academic excellence.”
As part of the agreement, BIT will offer academic programmes at the undergraduate as well as post graduate level. BIT aims to entice more students to enroll in the newly revamped university to increase its current 352 student population under the new management. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Monster Gulf to hold online career fair
- Bayt.com plans two virtual job fairs
- Sheikh Mohammed opens new college
- Bahrain plans to boost employment for women
- Arab education summit concludes in Amman
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology
- Tamkeen to support 22 firms at expo
- Corporate culture 'plays vital role'
- Bahrain to build new hangar for aviation students