Bahrain to decline distance learning degrees
Manama, July 6, 2011
Bachelor degrees acquired through long-distance learning will not be recognised by Bahrain’s education authorities.
The National Committee for Assessment of Academic Qualifications said distance learning degrees acquired from institutions abroad would not be accredited locally.
The decision is backdated to the beginning of this year.
The committee said the decision had been taken to bring Bahrain in line with other GCC countries. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- CTB/McGraw-Hill opens office in Qatar
- Monster Gulf to hold online career fair
- Bayt.com plans two virtual job fairs
- Sheikh Mohammed opens new college
- Bahrain plans to boost employment for women
- Arab education summit concludes in Amman
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology
- Tamkeen to support 22 firms at expo
- Corporate culture 'plays vital role'