Bahrain to decline distance learning degrees
Manama, July 6, 2011
Bachelor degrees acquired through long-distance learning will not be recognised by Bahrain’s education authorities.
The National Committee for Assessment of Academic Qualifications said distance learning degrees acquired from institutions abroad would not be accredited locally.
The decision is backdated to the beginning of this year.
The committee said the decision had been taken to bring Bahrain in line with other GCC countries. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- HBMeU, Fujairah College sign education pact
- Oil industry struggling to attract women, says survey
- Etihad, HCT sign pact for education centre
- Workplace diversity focus of forum
- Deloitte in Islamic finance deal
- NBAD partners with top business school
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University