Bahrain varsity wins key accreditation
Manama, June 13, 2011
AMA International University Bahrain has received accreditation from the European Council for Business Education (ECBE) for its business programmes.
The university's Bachelor of Science in Business Informatics and Master of Business Administration programmes were awarded full accreditation by the ECBE.
Its Bachelor of Science in International Studies programme, meanwhile, was awarded accreditation with Candidacy Status at the same ceremony.
The programmes are offered under the College of Administrative and Financial Sciences.
University administration head Buena Canzana received the accreditation certificate from the ECBE Board of Commissioners at a ceremony held in Budapest, Hungary.
Present were ECBE commissioners Dr Rob Rietbroek and Professor Vladimir Kureshov, board chairman Dr Bob Johnson and president Dr Martin Janku.
The award ceremony followed a pre-conference on quality assurance.
Workshops were also held during the three-day conference, attended by university heads from other countries.
The ECBE serves as the external evaluator of the university's business programmes and officials visited the campus last February to conduct a series of review meetings with the management, faculty members, student, alumni and graduate employers. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Bahrain university campus project on track
- Tamkeen to host “A9eel in School”
- Women in Bahrain private sector jobs up 73pc
- Bahrain students develop water producing car
- AUD extends scholarship deadline
- HBMeU signs deal with Spanish university
- Bahrain 'to become GCC's knowledge hub'
- Jail for employers hiring runaways in Bahrain
- Illegal teachers in Bahrain face deportation
- Bahrain student makes history