India varsity opens Dubai campus
Dubai, May 23, 2011
Amity University, one of the leading private universities in India, has opened its regional campus at Dubai International Academic City (DIAC), a member of Tecom Investments’ Education Cluster.
Amity University in Dubai will open its doors to students in September this year and offer bachelor and master degree programmes in nuclear science, aerospace engineering, solar and alternative energy, transport and logistics, banking and insurance and hospitality administration.
“We are very excited to be opening an Amity campus in Dubai and especially in DIAC. Amity has a great commitment to the region and will offer over 20 career-focussed degree programmes with a strong emphasis on research and collaboration with the respective industries,” said Atul Chauhan, chancellor, Amity University.
“A total of 125 scholarships have also been created for Emirati students as well as meritorious candidates and those that cannot afford world-class education.”
“Amity has done a detailed analysis of the core focus areas as per the strategy and vision of Dubai and identified the sectors that will demand trained manpower in the future. As a very research-led institution, Amity has experience of offering cutting edge hi-tech courses that will also be brought to the region,” he added.
Dr Ayoub Kazim, managing director, Tecom Investments’ Education Cluster, said: “At DIAC, we believe our partnership with Amity is a major step towards fulfilling our objectives in enhancing the academic community and transforming Dubai into a regional destination for higher education.”
“The programmes being offered by Amity Dubai campus address key industry demand for qualified professionals and are in line with our endeavour to create and sustain a knowledge-based economy in the region,” he added.
DIAC has attracted reputed institutions such as Heriot-Watt University, Manchester School of Business, Michigan State University, BITS Pilani and the Manipal University, among other top international institutions.
Amity University runs four world-class universities and five international branches across London, Singapore, New York, California and Mauritius. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses
- UAE Exchange recruits 126 Emiratis
- New-look buses for Bahrain schools
- 30 students on WCMC-Q Dean's Honor List
- Saudi to set up new women's university