Staff motivation key to firms' growth
Manama, May 17, 2011
The way companies manage their human resources in recent years has had to change - from fear management to inspirational management, said an expert during a talk at the Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
"Management has had to change to an attitude where it coaches people along," remarked Stepping Stone Global founder and president Jean Nicolai on Monday.
"Instead of pushing people for more effort, you now have to pull them along with you using leadership, consulting and coaching," Nicolai said, while addressing the members of Bahrain Businesswomen's Society.
He was delivering a talk on managing stress and emotions in the workplace.
"In the modern world there is no place for fear management. What we need now is inspirational management which people will follow rather than having to be pushed."
"Managers today have to look to inspire and motivate staff and concentrate on delegation and empowerment," Nicolai said.
"They have empower their people to optimise the available human potential and encourage them to take responsibility and ownership of what they do," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- 80 Qatari youth complete leadership programme
- Qatar launches Josoor Institute
- Gess launches GCC education awards
- Professional social media jobs urged
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Bahrain SMEs sector 'vital to economy'
- Bahrain to host entrepreneurship forum
- HBMeU, Fujairah College sign education pact
- Oil industry struggling to attract women, says survey
- Etihad, HCT sign pact for education centre