Batelco backs Bahrain varsity career day
Manama, March 8, 2011
Batelco, the leading telecom service provider in Bahrain, will be the main sponsor for University of Bahrain’s (UoB) Career Day.
This is the 12th year that Batelco will participate in the event and the company’s eighth year as the main sponsor of the event which will take place at the university’s Sakhir campus from March 21 to 23.
Batelco’s career day stand, which will be the biggest at the annual event and it is expected that around 800 students will visit the stand every day to meet Batelco industry experts who can answer questions and give advice based on their years of experience in their respective fields.
Batelco will also offer a special package designed with students in mind during the event.
“Career Day provides the perfect opportunity for university students to find out more about careers in the telecommunications industry as well as the wider job market,” said Batelco’s group general manager HR Shaikh Ahmed Al Khalifa.
“The event will provide a clear picture for all students about the career prospects available at Batelco, and what kind of qualifications Batelco looks for. Batelco’s HR personnel will also demonstrate how to apply for Batelco careers online,” he added.
Prof Dr Ali Mansour Al Shehab, UoB vice president for community service & alumni affairs, said: “The continued sponsorship of this event has created a unique relationship between the university and one of the major companies in Bahrain, which will surely contribute to further boosting mutual cooperation.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses
- UAE Exchange recruits 126 Emiratis
- New-look buses for Bahrain schools