Horizon names new CEO
Dubai, February 24, 2011
Al Ain-based Horizon International Flight Academy has appointed Hareb Thani Al Dhaheri its new chief executive officer.
Retired Brigadier Pilot Al Dhaheri began his career as a helicopter pilot in UAE Armed Forces and he went on to hold a number of senior positions in the military. Prior to joining Horizon, he spent four years in the UK managing UAE nationals in various higher education programmes.
“We have ambitious plans for the growth of the Academy, regional demand for pilots is increasing and we aim to provide tailor made training solutions for our customers as well as increasing our global reach,” Al Dhaheri said.
Al Dhaheri takes over the leadership from the outgoing interim general manager Mansour Al Faheem.
Al Faheem, a senior executive with Mubadala Development Company resumes his responsibilities at Mubadala whilst continuing to provide strategic guidance to Horizon in his role as a member of the board of directors.
“We have worked to further align the company with Mubadala Aerospace’s overall strategy for the aviation industry in Abu Dhabi,” said Al Faheem.
“Hareb Thani Al Dhaheri has a wealth of experience that makes him the ideal person to guide the academy as it continues to expand, build capacity and develop its capabilities in order to meet the needs of the region’s rapidly growing aviation sector,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses
- UAE Exchange recruits 126 Emiratis
- New-look buses for Bahrain schools
- 30 students on WCMC-Q Dean's Honor List
- Saudi to set up new women's university