Horizon names new CEO
Dubai, February 24, 2011
Al Ain-based Horizon International Flight Academy has appointed Hareb Thani Al Dhaheri its new chief executive officer.
Retired Brigadier Pilot Al Dhaheri began his career as a helicopter pilot in UAE Armed Forces and he went on to hold a number of senior positions in the military. Prior to joining Horizon, he spent four years in the UK managing UAE nationals in various higher education programmes.
“We have ambitious plans for the growth of the Academy, regional demand for pilots is increasing and we aim to provide tailor made training solutions for our customers as well as increasing our global reach,” Al Dhaheri said.
Al Dhaheri takes over the leadership from the outgoing interim general manager Mansour Al Faheem.
Al Faheem, a senior executive with Mubadala Development Company resumes his responsibilities at Mubadala whilst continuing to provide strategic guidance to Horizon in his role as a member of the board of directors.
“We have worked to further align the company with Mubadala Aerospace’s overall strategy for the aviation industry in Abu Dhabi,” said Al Faheem.
“Hareb Thani Al Dhaheri has a wealth of experience that makes him the ideal person to guide the academy as it continues to expand, build capacity and develop its capabilities in order to meet the needs of the region’s rapidly growing aviation sector,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- CTB/McGraw-Hill opens office in Qatar
- Monster Gulf to hold online career fair
- Bayt.com plans two virtual job fairs
- Sheikh Mohammed opens new college
- Bahrain plans to boost employment for women
- Arab education summit concludes in Amman
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology
- Tamkeen to support 22 firms at expo
- Corporate culture 'plays vital role'