AUB hosts seminar on business partnerships
Beirut, February 23, 2011
The American University of Beirut (AUB) and Coca-Cola recently held a marketing seminar entitled ‘Business Partnerships for Development: The Case of the National Beverage Company (NBC) in the West Bank and Gaza,’.
The panel was open to AUB students and faculty, and was attended by key stakeholders and business organisations.
“The partnership between ourselves and Coca-Cola has allowed us to support thousands of Palestinian families through our local sourcing networks and distribution systems. As a result, for every job created within the Coca-Cola system in West Bank and Gaza, a multiplier effect takes place and allows 10 more jobs to be created in the Palestinian economy, through hundreds of local suppliers and in turn, and thousands of retail outlets,” stated Zahi Khouri, chairman of the National Beverage Company.
In line with The Coca-Cola Company worldwide initiative to support global education and to promote the study of the field of Marketing through research and service, a Coca-Cola Chair in Marketing was established at the Suliman S. Olayan School of Business at AUB five years ago following a contribution from The Coca-Cola Foundation.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- CTB/McGraw-Hill opens office in Qatar
- Monster Gulf to hold online career fair
- Bayt.com plans two virtual job fairs
- Sheikh Mohammed opens new college
- Bahrain plans to boost employment for women
- Arab education summit concludes in Amman
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology
- Tamkeen to support 22 firms at expo
- Corporate culture 'plays vital role'