AUB hosts seminar on business partnerships
Beirut, February 23, 2011
The American University of Beirut (AUB) and Coca-Cola recently held a marketing seminar entitled ‘Business Partnerships for Development: The Case of the National Beverage Company (NBC) in the West Bank and Gaza,’.
The panel was open to AUB students and faculty, and was attended by key stakeholders and business organisations.
“The partnership between ourselves and Coca-Cola has allowed us to support thousands of Palestinian families through our local sourcing networks and distribution systems. As a result, for every job created within the Coca-Cola system in West Bank and Gaza, a multiplier effect takes place and allows 10 more jobs to be created in the Palestinian economy, through hundreds of local suppliers and in turn, and thousands of retail outlets,” stated Zahi Khouri, chairman of the National Beverage Company.
In line with The Coca-Cola Company worldwide initiative to support global education and to promote the study of the field of Marketing through research and service, a Coca-Cola Chair in Marketing was established at the Suliman S. Olayan School of Business at AUB five years ago following a contribution from The Coca-Cola Foundation.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Etihad, HCT sign pact for education centre
- Workplace diversity focus of forum
- Deloitte in Islamic finance deal
- NBAD partners with top business school
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF