UAE Air Force, Horizon ink pilot training deal
Dubai, February 22, 2011
The UAE Air Force and Horizon International Flight Academy, a leading flight training institution in the Middle East, have signed an agreement to train 16 pilots at the Al Ain based pilot training centre.
The 16 cadets will be enrolled for the Frozen Air Transport Pilot License, an 18-month course that will see them cover approximately 900 hours of theoretical knowledge and 205 hours flying. All the training will be provided at the academy’s premises in Al Ain.
“We are pleased to announce this deal with the UAE Air Force, it further solidifies our position as the region’s premier flight training organization,” said Mansour Al Faheem, general manager, Horizon, which is owned by Mubadala Development Company.
“Horizon was established with the sole purpose of providing support to the local defence forces, we continue to meet this mandate by continually expanding our training portfolio to meet the needs of the defense sector,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- CTB/McGraw-Hill opens office in Qatar
- Monster Gulf to hold online career fair
- Bayt.com plans two virtual job fairs
- Sheikh Mohammed opens new college
- Bahrain plans to boost employment for women
- Arab education summit concludes in Amman
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology
- Tamkeen to support 22 firms at expo
- Corporate culture 'plays vital role'