NBK Capital investments in Qatar's Newton Schools
Kuwait, January 19, 2011
NBK Capital has completed an investment in Arabian Establishment for Educational Development (Newton Schools), an education company based in Qatar.
This investment was made through the NBK Capital Equity Partners Fund I, the firm’s flagship regional private equity fund focusing on providing growth capital to businesses in Middle East, North Africa and Turkey.
Founded in 2006 by Dr Jabr Al-Noaimi and Afaf Al-Moadhadi, Newton Schools is a private school operator with five campuses in Doha. The company offers the foundation stage, primary and secondary education under the National Curriculum for England & Wales (the British curriculum.)
Amjad Ahmad, senior managing director at NBK Capital said: “The founders have established one of the best education platforms in Qatar with a relentless focus on quality. With the rapid local and expatriate population growth and continued government investment in the sector, we look to contribute to expanding quality education to more students in Qatar.”
Dr Jabr Al-Noaimi, chairman of Newton Schools, said: “We look forward to implementing our long-term strategies with NBK Capital as part of our team. Their active ownership approach, along with their strategic and financial expertise will help us achieve our goals successfully.” –TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Tamkeen to host “A9eel in School”
- Women in Bahrain private sector jobs up 73pc
- Bahrain students develop water producing car
- AUD extends scholarship deadline
- HBMeU signs deal with Spanish university
- Bahrain 'to become GCC's knowledge hub'
- Jail for employers hiring runaways in Bahrain
- Illegal teachers in Bahrain face deportation
- Bahrain student makes history
- ADU announces tuition fee freeze for 2013-14