KPMG Fakhro names audit partners
Manama, January 2, 2011
Global audit, tax and advisory firm, KPMG Fakhro, has appointed two new audit partners to strengthen the firm's financial services and owner managed business practices in Bahrain.
Islamic banking specialist Mahesh Balasubramanian and owner managed business specialist Harish Gopinath were both promoted from within the business.
KPMG Fakhro managing partner Jamal Fakhro said the appointments reflect KPMG's optimism for the future and the growing needs and expectations of its clients.
'Mahesh and Harish are significant appointments for our expanding financial services and owner managed business teams,' said Fakhro.
'The appointments ensure KPMG has senior auditors on the ground to support clients in the growing small and medium enterprises (SME) sector in Bahrain and Islamic banking.'
Mahesh as extensive experience in banking and financial services, including an indepth knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, and Islamic accounting standards.
An associate member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), he leads the Islamic banking services for Bahrain.
Harish, also an associate member of ICAI, has a CPA from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He manages audit, accounting and outsourcing assignments and special assignments for SME clients in Bahrain.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair
- Canadian University of Dubai signs deal with CIMA