KPMG Fakhro names audit partners
Manama, January 2, 2011
Global audit, tax and advisory firm, KPMG Fakhro, has appointed two new audit partners to strengthen the firm's financial services and owner managed business practices in Bahrain.
Islamic banking specialist Mahesh Balasubramanian and owner managed business specialist Harish Gopinath were both promoted from within the business.
KPMG Fakhro managing partner Jamal Fakhro said the appointments reflect KPMG's optimism for the future and the growing needs and expectations of its clients.
'Mahesh and Harish are significant appointments for our expanding financial services and owner managed business teams,' said Fakhro.
'The appointments ensure KPMG has senior auditors on the ground to support clients in the growing small and medium enterprises (SME) sector in Bahrain and Islamic banking.'
Mahesh as extensive experience in banking and financial services, including an indepth knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, and Islamic accounting standards.
An associate member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), he leads the Islamic banking services for Bahrain.
Harish, also an associate member of ICAI, has a CPA from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He manages audit, accounting and outsourcing assignments and special assignments for SME clients in Bahrain.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Tamkeen to host “A9eel in School”
- Women in Bahrain private sector jobs up 73pc
- Bahrain students develop water producing car
- AUD extends scholarship deadline
- HBMeU signs deal with Spanish university
- Bahrain 'to become GCC's knowledge hub'
- Jail for employers hiring runaways in Bahrain
- Illegal teachers in Bahrain face deportation
- Bahrain student makes history
- ADU announces tuition fee freeze for 2013-14