Qatar institutes $500,000 education prize
Doha, December 15, 2010
Nominations for the $500,000 Wise Prize for Education will be accepted by the Qatar Foundation from February 1 to April 30, 2011.
The prize was one of the outcomes of the World Innovation Summit for Education (Wise) 2010 Summit, held in Doha from December 7-9.
The prize, recognising individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to education, will be awarded at the 2011 World Innovation Summit for Education (Wise) in November 2011.
Addressing the closing session last week, Sheikha Moza bint Nasser said: 'Through the
fruitful discussion and the main concerns raised, in addition to the constructive ideas emerging from various academic, professional, political and cultural backgrounds, I am certain that Wise will lead to opening wide horizons for developing quality education and expanding its reach. I look forward to Wise being engaged more and more in offering alternatives and solutions to the main education problems and challenges we are facing.'
Over three days, the WISE Summit witnessed a diverse range of innovations, experiences and emerging new ideas from around the world. - TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair
- Canadian University of Dubai signs deal with CIMA