Batelco backs global education drive
Manama, April 20, 2010
Batelco, the leading telecom services provider in Bahrain, is joining other operators who together serve more than 1 billion users, in support of the 1Goal campaign which aims to get all children into school.
1Goal, the international initiative which launches today (April 20) will be backed by some of the world’s biggest names in football who have come out to support what promises to be footballs biggest ever campaign.
Batelco announced its support for the 1Goal initiatives during the GSMA Mobile World Congress, which was attended by a number of Batelco Group’s senior management.
With Africa’s first World Cup just over 50 days away, the campaign is seeking to secure $16 billion a year in funding from world leaders to ensure that the 72 million children currently unable to go to school can receive an education.
Backed by FIFA, 1Goal says this new funding should come from both increased aid commitments from rich countries as well as budget commitments from developing countries.
Batelco’s campaign will provide the platform for residents of Bahrain to show their support for 1Goal along with millions of people around the world, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- CTB/McGraw-Hill opens office in Qatar
- Monster Gulf to hold online career fair
- Bayt.com plans two virtual job fairs
- Sheikh Mohammed opens new college
- Bahrain plans to boost employment for women
- Arab education summit concludes in Amman
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology
- Tamkeen to support 22 firms at expo
- Corporate culture 'plays vital role'