Batelco backs global education drive
Manama, April 20, 2010
Batelco, the leading telecom services provider in Bahrain, is joining other operators who together serve more than 1 billion users, in support of the 1Goal campaign which aims to get all children into school.
1Goal, the international initiative which launches today (April 20) will be backed by some of the world’s biggest names in football who have come out to support what promises to be footballs biggest ever campaign.
Batelco announced its support for the 1Goal initiatives during the GSMA Mobile World Congress, which was attended by a number of Batelco Group’s senior management.
With Africa’s first World Cup just over 50 days away, the campaign is seeking to secure $16 billion a year in funding from world leaders to ensure that the 72 million children currently unable to go to school can receive an education.
Backed by FIFA, 1Goal says this new funding should come from both increased aid commitments from rich countries as well as budget commitments from developing countries.
Batelco’s campaign will provide the platform for residents of Bahrain to show their support for 1Goal along with millions of people around the world, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- HBMeU, Fujairah College sign education pact
- Oil industry struggling to attract women, says survey
- Etihad, HCT sign pact for education centre
- Workplace diversity focus of forum
- Deloitte in Islamic finance deal
- NBAD partners with top business school
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University