NYIT ends road safety campaign
Amman, January 9, 2010
The New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) in Jordan has concluded its traffic awareness campaign held at Cambridge International Schools headquarter recently.
The traffic awareness campaign, in which the international driver, Jordan Rally Champion, Amjad Farrah participated, also aimed at educating students about potential dangers ensuing from traffic accidents.
Over a four-day period, professional drivers and specialists shared information regarding traffic safety with the students.
The first two days of the campaign were devoted, by the organising party, for discussing major issues regarding traffic and pedestrians’ safety, as well as precautionary procedures bicyclist should follow to ensure their safety.
The campaign’s third day agenda’s subjects revolved around precautionary procedures motorcyclists should follow. The university hosted Valero Motorcycle Riders team whom offered a realistic presentation outlining rational driving.
On the fourth and final day, Jordan Rally Champion Amjad Farrah participated in the campaign’s activities. He brought his own rally car to introduce students to its components.
He further emphasised the difference between race cars speeding at a race track, as well as misuse and faulty over-speeding practices some do in public transportation streets. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair
- Canadian University of Dubai signs deal with CIMA
- Kipco honours Kuwaiti students
- Alba launches training programme for women