KPMG Fakhro opens new EDS offices
Manama, December 7, 2009
KPMG Fakhro, a leading provider of audit, tax and advisory services in Bahrain, has opened its Enterprise Development Support (EDS) agency offices in the Kingdom's Seef District as part of Tamkeen’s ambitious EDS programme.
KPMG Fakhro is the project manager of the third and fourth year of the EDS programme and will be in charge of the implementation of the programme, running the day-to-day business and operational activities as well as providing services for Bahraini enterprises who submit applications to benefit from the various schemes.
The EDS programme, which is a part of Tamkeen’s Enterprise Growth Management Strategy, offers support for Bahraini enterprises in line with the Bahrain’s economic development.
A new EDS programme website has also been launched (www.tamkeen.bh/edsa). The bi-lingual website will provide information about the programme, the requirements for joining the programme, and all needed documentation for applications.
Applicants can submit their applications either through the website or by visiting the new Enterprise Development Support Agency offices in the Meral building, Seef District, during regular working hours which is from 7:30 am and 3:30 pm, Sunday to Thursday, said a top official.
Tamkeen chief executive Abdulellah Al-Qassimi said, "The EDS programme is specifically designed to facilitate the growth of the private sector in Bahrain by providing the necessary support for entrepreneurs who are looking to improve the productivity and efficiency of their businesses."
The appointment of KPMG Fakhro, internationally renowned for its’ project management capabilities, as a partner in the EDS programme will speed up the daily operations required to manage this ambitious programme, he noted.
"Our overriding goal is to enhance Bahraini enterprises and make them a driving force for Bahrain’s Economic Vision 2030, and our partnership with a leading organization on the calibre of KPMG Fakhro reflects this long-term commitment to provide business owners with value added services and rapid returns," he added.
"We are honoured to be working hand in hand with Tamkeen to support the development of Bahraini enterprises. This programme will provide Bahrainis with a tool to enhance and develop their businesses, thereby improving productivity of the private sector, improving the overall quality of life for business owners and entrepreneurs as well as their employees,” said Jamal Fakhro, Managing Partner at KPMG Fakhro.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- University of Ain Shams opens MS treatment unit
- Masdar Institute launches BP scholarship programme
- New 'Indian' school to open in Bahrain
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games