Over 75 varsities for education fair
Dubai, October 22, 2009
More than 75 participating universities will offer around 350 academic programmes at an upcoming education fair in Dubai.
The first leg of Getex Autumn 2009, a two-part education fair, will take place at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre from October 27 to 29, while the second leg will be held at the Diplomat Radisson SAS Hotel in Bahrain from October 31 to November 2.
Organisers of Getex Autumn said the education show has prepared a series of seminars and interactive counselling sessions to help students identify the best career path and academic options available for them.
The topics covered by the seminars and counselling sessions include "Advantages and disadvantages of enrolling in the Spring term"; "Advantages of studying in the UAE"; “Securing admission in institutions abroad"; "Financial planning to realise educational goals"; "IMAGINE - Canadian Education and the possibilities"; "Importance of internships"; and "Understanding individual potential".
"The student-focused activities have been designed to help students make sense of the information and choices offered at Getex Autumn,” said Anselm Godinho, managing director, International Conferences & Exhibitions (IC&E), organisers of the event.
“There has been a growing demand for world-class academic programs by students across the GCC. It is our commitment to help students identify and enrol in the best and most appropriate programs available for them.”
Getex Autumn is a free-to-visit event that reaches out to learners, educators and trainers in its mission to promote excellence in the education sector.
More than 7,000 participants are expected to attend the fair, while a variety of academic and vocational courses, scholarships, counselling sessions, seminars and workshops have been lined up for the event.
Aside from hundreds of academic options from leading universities, the education show will also offer advice on rules and regulations for those who want to study in the UK, Canada, USA, Australia and other countries.
Getex Autumn is complemented by the Excellence in Engineering Forum in addition to the student counselling sessions. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam