DIFC launches The Governor’s Awards
Dubai, March 23, 2009
The Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), in association with the Dubai Quality Group (DQG), launched The Governor’s Awards.
The program aims to recognise and reward employees, departments and projects that demonstrate exceptional commitment to excellence.
To be evaluated on the basis of the European Foundation for Quality Management’s (EFQM), Excellence Model, one of the world’s most highly regarded frameworks for assessing excellence levels, the Awards consist of four categories: distinguished employee, department, project and new employee.
The awards are part of DIFC’s efforts to enhance organisational performance by strengthening service standards and practices and anchoring the culture of excellence among employees at all levels.
“There is no doubt that having an award dedicated to excellence provides a strong impetus for raising employee performance and urges employees to think creatively about enhancing both individual and collective performance,” said Dr Omar Bin Sulaiman, governor of DIFC.
“People constitute our most important resource and these awards are aimed at rewarding employees who demonstrate exceptional competencies and capabilities.”
“I’m sure that the awards will have a positive impact on the performance of all departments and employees within DIFC and contribute to DIFC’s efforts in enhancing service levels,” added Dr Wafi Dawood, chairman of DQG.
Apart from The Governor’s Awards, DQG has helped in organising and evaluating many excellence awards in the UAE including the Emirates Energy Award and the Emirates Business Women Award.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs