Luminus Group granted Bell franchise
Amman, June 17, 2008
Luminus Group has signed a partnership agreement with the Bell Educational Trust, a leading global English language provider headquartered in Cambridge, UK.
Luminus is an Amman-based private shareholding company with investments in education, trading and hospitality across the MENA region and owner of SAE Amman, Al Quds College and Al Quds Vocational Training and Career Development Centre (VTCDC).
The partnership agreement grants Luminus Group the rights to the Bell franchise in Jordan and across several markets in the Middle East. The first franchise will be Bell Amman Language Centre targeted to open in October 2008, said an official spokesman.
Under the patronage minister of education Dr Tayseer Al Noaimi the agreement was signed at a ceremony at the Grand Hyatt Amman attended by global CEO, Bell, David Pottinger, and CEO, Luminus Group, Ibrahim Safadi and witnessed by British Ambassador to Jordan James Watt and senator Akel Biltaji.
Driven by the need for the provision of quality English Language services, Bell Amman Language Centre will open in October 2008, and will offer high quality English language training for personal development, educational consultancy, English for special purposes, English for examinations, business English, teacher training and vacation courses for children.
Bell's programmes will be targeted at adults, corporates, young learners, and teachers of English. Furthermore, the Bell Amman Language Centre will also provide English language programmes to the students of its sister companies Al Quds College and SAE Amman.
"We are very pleased to welcome such a renowned global institution to the kingdom and even more proud to have private sector organizations such as Luminus Group, who are diligently committed to the implementation of our national strategy dedicated to educational reform and human resource development. English language is without a doubt a key integral factor in the reform process and hosting such a reputable educational learning center compliments our mission as leaders of the local educational sector, "said minister of education Al Noaimi.
Bell International operates in 14 countries through online and conventional teaching methods enriching the learning process and educational experiences of over 100,000 students worldwide. It welcomes students and teachers from more than 120 countries to its UK and Malta centres. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses
- UAE Exchange recruits 126 Emiratis
- New-look buses for Bahrain schools