RSH wins $24m Saudi housing contract
Riyadh, November 18, 2013
Saudi-based Red Sea Housing Services Company (RSH) has won a SR91 million ($24.2 million) contract from Nabors International Drilling Company to manufacture, supply and install prefabricated housing units near its oil exploration projects.
RSH is one of the leading providers of modular housing solutions for companies involved in oil, gas, and mining excavation activities. It operates factories in Jubail besides Jebel Ali (Dubai) and Accra in Ghana
Under the terms of the agreement, RSH will be building nine new housing complexes in the Eastern Province. It will also perform restoration and maintenance works on two additional apartment blocks for Nabors, bringing the total housing areas covered by the contract to 11.
The housing project will be completed and delivered over the next seven months, said a senior official.
RSH had previously constructed a residential housing complex and related infrastructure and provided facilities and services under a SR131.25 million contract with the Australian Department of Immigration & Citizenship.
It was built for the benefit of the regional center for immigrants at the Lombrom naval base in Manus Island, Papua New Guinea.
The project involved the development of building units for accommodating 434 tenants and was handed over to the Australian authorities 70 days ahead of the deadline.
Mohammed Othman Mallawi, the investor relations manager, said: "RSH is committed to delivering projects on time. In fact, we were able to turn over the residential complex we were appointed to build for the Australian Department of Immigration & Citizenship ahead of the deadline."
"We will apply the same high levels of efficiency, accuracy and speed in our ongoing work for Nabors," added Mallawi.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings