Bahrain-Qatar causeway to be redesigned
Manama, November 1, 2013
A consultancy firm has been commissioned to review the basic engineering designs of the planned Bahrain-Qatar causeway, also referred to as Bahrain-Qatar Friendship Bridge.
The Bahrain-Qatar Causeway Authority board held a meeting on Wednesday and decided to redesign the 40km strategic artery, thought to be the world's longest man-made bridge, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
In a statement to Bahrain News Agency, the authority's vice-chairman and Finance Ministry Under-Secretary Aref Saleh Khamis said that the redesigned blueprints would be ready when work on the project begins.
The session discussed administrative and organisational issues relating to the 2013 fiscal year.
The Bahrain-Qatar Causeway Authority's executive management has also been asked to draw up a report on progress of work on the project and the multi-phased work plan. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi
- DB Schenker breaks ground on new Dubai facility
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract