Emaar Q3 profit tops $158 million; up 50pc
Dubai, October 24, 2013
Emaar Properties, Dubai's largest property firm, made Dh581 million ($158.18 million) in the quarter ending Sept 30 compared with Dh387 million in the corresponding period in 2012, marking a higher-than-expected 50 per cent rise.
The jump in the net profit was driven by growth in its hotels, malls and real estate businesses said the builder of the world's tallest tower, the Burj Khalifa, in a statement on Dubai's bourse on Thursday.
This is well ahead of estimates by seven analysts polled by Reuters who predicted an average net profit of Dh449.9 million.
Revenue for the quarter was Dh2.35 billion, up 43 per cent from Dh1.64 billion in the same period last year.
The revenue for the first nine months of 2013 is Dh7.566 billion ($2.060 billion), 36 per cent higher than the revenue of Dh5.560 billion ($1.514 billion) during the same period in 2012.
Revenue for the third quarter 2013 is Dh2.347 billion ($639 million), which is 43 per cent more than the third-quarter 2012 revenue of Dh1.639 billion ($446 million).
Emaar continued to strengthen recurring revenues from its shopping malls & retail and hospitality & leisure businesses, which together contributed Dh3.356 billion ($914 million), 44 per cent of the total revenue in the first nine months of 2013. The international operations of Emaar contributed Dh770 million ($210 million), 10 per cent of the total revenue during the same period.
Mohamed Alabbar, chairman of Emaar Properties, said: “Emaar’s strong performance across all its core businesses is a testament to the positive growth recorded by Dubai. Our new developments, in real estate, malls, and hospitality, underline our strategic approach to supporting Dubai’s all-round growth. Over the past nine months, we have entered into joint venture agreements with large Government companies such as Dubai Holding and Meraas Holding to develop mega-projects in Dubai that will catalyse the economy.” - TradeArabia News Service and Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum