Bahrain to host major housing event
Manama, October 23, 2013
Experts from around the region and other parts of the world will be in Bahrain next month to take part in a major housing conference and exhibition.
The Bahrain Housing Conference and Expo 2013 is being held under the patronage of Housing Minister Basem Yacoub Al-Hamer from November 5 to 7 at the Bahrain International Exhibition & Convention Centre.
It is supported by the Bahrain Exhibition and Convention Authority (BECA).
The event comes at a time when several housing projects, accommodating hundreds of thousands of people, are set to be launched across the country, said Sijo Kavungal Joseph, managing director of organiser Exposure Media.
“The exhibition will showcase the latest available technology in green and environmentally-friendly housing and buildings for the future and participants will have the opportunity to interact with pioneers in the field,” he said.
“What we need now is a common hope of better buildings for the future and together we stand to build places that give people better, healthier spaces to live, work and play.”
He said the industry leaders, experts and frontline professionals in the region dedicated to sustainable building in their everyday work will be present for the three days providing networking opportunities.
“There will also be dedicated speaker sessions, demonstrations of the latest techniques, opportunities and recent trends in housing materials and the engineering supply market,” he said.
He said the objective is to promote the most advanced equipment and technology and contribute to the steady development of regional businesses which will help to drive the future of Middle East economy in the construction sector.
The Bahrain Government is now pushing for affordable housing and this has resulted in affordable housing projects worth $7 billion being planned in the near future, said Joseph.
“These include government schemes, public-private partnerships (PPP) and private sector initiatives.”
Housing contractors and builders, estate management companies, concrete and masonry block manufacturers, precast concrete producers, plumbing contractors, civil engineering companies and others related to the business will attend.
Integrated photovoltaic solutions company Onyx Solar are backing the event as platinum sponsors. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed