Hyder Consulting opens design centre in Amman
Amman, October 20, 2013
Hyder Consulting’s new design centre in Amman was officially opened by the Jordanian Minister of Trade and The Baroness Morris of Bolton, the UK Prime Minister’s Trade Envoy to Jordan, today (October 20).
Sir Alan Thomas, chairman of Hyder Consulting and Wael Allan, regional managing director of Hyder Consulting Middle East attended the event.
This new addition to Hyder’s global chain of excellence centres further enhances the company’s Middle East operational presence, said a statement.
The Amman design centre currently houses highways and drainage expertise and will accommodate Hyder’s expanding diversity of expert knowledge as the business continues to grow and win work in new market sectors, it said.
“Hyder plays a pivotal role in the local community, creating work and prosperity for Jordanian engineers and designers. The new Amman design centre reaffirms the company’s continued commitment to the Middle East region and its reputation as a long established, trusted organization delivering high quality engineering to clients across the region,” said the statement.
Hyder has built its global reputation for excellence in railway, bridge, tunnelling, water, wastewater and property engineering over two centuries. In 2014, the company will celebrate its 110th year of operations in the Middle East. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract